Tuesday, April 26, 2016

I Hunt Killers

This crazy young adult novel about a young man named Jasper or Jazz for short, son of a serial killer, witnesses the local law enforcement investigating a crime scene and begins believing that after seeing his fathers extra-curricular activities, he could solve the crime and take matters into his own hands. Instead of using the rules that his father taught him to kill and to abide by in order not to get caught. I found the book rather interesting in a dark and creepy way. Kind of reminded me of young Dexter, killing for greater power and giving back peace of mind to the victims of his killers. I don't know why I was surprised to see that it made the banned book list. I find this topic of novels interesting, guess that is why I was surprised. However, I could see young readers engaged in this sort of genre of literature. It's hard to say if it is something a teacher or librarian should recommend literature of this nature. I would push for my students to have a choice in their right to intellectual freedom, but where does the line of boundaries begin and end. None the less, this is great book, and I highly recommend it.




No comments:

Post a Comment