Tuesday, April 26, 2016

The Living


I absolutely loved this novel! Maybe because of it's Latino culture that kept me engaged in the story. In this story a young college boy decides to go and work on a cruise ship to earn a substantial amount of cash for being a summer job. The idea that it could have been someone like me, and later thinking to myself, why didn't I think of going and working for a cruise ship out of high school. Obviously, I would not do that now, for fear of a Tsunami coming and sinking the ship and left in the ocean. this would be a perfect novel for any student in the middle school and up range. Teachers could use this as a class reading to  introduce dramatic literature to their students. The language was perfect and not too obscene, very suitable for students.



No comments:

Post a Comment